Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pushing Your Body's Limits

I woke up this morning feeling like crap, despite going to bed at 8:30 last night (yes, I am like an old woman). Yesterday, I worked out with my trainer for an hour doing resistance training and I could already tell a difference in my abilities. Even though we dropped all the weight amounts, it still kicked my behind. She also put me on the treadmill walking at a 3.5 mile pace and I about passed out - I used to walk at a 4.0 pace and even jog some, but when you are only consuming 800 calories a day your body doesn't put up with as much. I was reaching my f-point much sooner than usual (the f-point is where you want to scream obscenities -- I'll let you figure out what f stands for).

At about 3:30 or so I started to feel a little bit lightheaded and drank a shake to feel better, even though it was a little bit earlier than I had planned on. I had also walked across campus three times by that time and I think I had reached my exercise limit. By the time I got home, I had walked across campus twice again and my pedometer said I had walked almost 13000 steps which is equal to 6.2 miles for me. I was exhausted!

Now that I have had 3 shakes today, I feel like a new woman. I think all the exercise (even though the walking was not intentional) overtaxed my body. It is a strange feeling to adapt to new limits and to be forced into really listening to your body. I still find myself thinking I need a snack (preferably the salty crunchy kind), but then I think about my shrinking body and I pass on that idea. Day 5 and still no cheating!

3 comments:

Beck said...

I love you. I blogged about your blog-- I hope that's OK. Love you tons my ba-baaam soul sister. Pulease, can we see each other soon?

Anonymous said...

Hi April,

I came here from Beck's blog! You go, grrrrl. You've got the blogosphere behind you!

L

me said...

Woohoo! Just remember to listen to your body! Keep up the good work! I am sending good vibes your way!