Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My how time flies....

I can't believe it has been a month since I posted anything. I hate that and I know I'll regret not having the posts to look back at after my journey, but life just gets in the way. The good news is I am down 35 pounds and I have made it through my first term of classes, fighting with my boss to stay in school and I am mostly through my busiest season at work.

Since the slip, I have definately cheated more - but the cheats have been very controlled and thoughtful. This time last year I was gaining weight instead of losing it and even though I haven't been perfect, I am proud of myself for what I have accomplished through this tremendously busy and stressful time. I too have realized, like Myla that I do better if food is not in sight because as soon as I feel stressed or overwhelmed the sight of food triggers my desire to eat, even if I'm not hungry.

I have reached some milestones recently that I wouldn't have believed 2 months ago- my suits I bought 2 years ago now fit and so I have gained back my wardrobe of suits - I wore a size 10 skirt yesterday, even though I'm really a 12 - I am less than 4 pounds away from my lowest weight since I was 15 - I am getting compliment

s from people I barely know and didn't realize would even notice me - I am growing more confident about my ability to control my eating behavoirs - and most of all, I believe in me and that feels incredible!!!

I promise myself to write more in the coming weeks, there are some more insights I'd like to remember - I just wish I could add a few hours to each day!

3 comments:

Beck said...

Ohh la la sister! you look Ba-Baaam!

-Maura said...

April, you have so much to be proud of! Enjoy your success and let it be your motivation to continue to learn how to use the weight management tools Emory's been teaching you to best suit your life.

You look fabulous - healthy, happy and vibrant. Not to mention, beautiful.

me said...

April you are an inspiration. You look amazing. Keep up the good work. The best line in this post to me was: I am growing more confident about my ability to control my eating behavoirs - and most of all, I believe in me and that feels incredible!!!

You are gorgeous! You rock!